Te Puawaitanga ki Ōtautahi Trust’s Rongoā Service is designed to support whānau using traditional Māori healing. Rongoā provides a holistic approach to health, encompassing all aspects of wellbeing – Te taha whānau, Te taha tinana, Te taha hinengaro, Te taha wairua.
This is achieved with the use of ngā taonga pūoro (traditional Māori instrumental sonic healing), mirimiri and romiromi (bodywork), and whitiwhiti kōrero and karakia (pastoral care).
This service offers a kaupapa Māori approach to wellbeing and inner balance, with you at the centre. Our experienced Rongoā Practitioners offer:
- One-on-one, whānau or group taonga pūoro sessions
- Sessions for when you are hapū and after your pēpi has arrived
- A cultural pathway to support wellness
- Opportunity to participate in wānanga (workshops) to make a taonga pūoro
- Access to support groups in the Māori community and within the service
- Information to encourage and empower Tino Rangatiratanga